ANDREWS, SC (WBTW) – An Andrews man is charged with DUI after a wreck that left one person dead and another seriously hurt.
Benjamin Lockliear, 37, of Andrews is charged with two counts of felony DUI, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.
The wreck happened around 7:40 Saturday night on Seaboard Road in Andrews.
Lockliear, who was driving a 2014 GMC truck, hit a 2010 Chevrolet SUV from behind while they were both heading west.
The crash killed the driver of the SUV and left the passenger seriously hurt. The passenger was transported to Grand Strand Medical Cente for treatment.
Lockliear was not hurt in the wreck. According to Vinelink, he is still in custody at the Williamsburg County Detention Center.
The crash remains under investigation by Highway Patrol. Count on News13 for updates.
- Missing: endangered couple’s pickup last seen in Lake City
- Retired Ohio sheriff and tiny K-9 partner die the same day
- Florence County plans to combat trash troubles with inmate litter crews
- Police: Man wanted out of Michigan attacked woman in Myrtle Beach with a knife
- A hate crime? Police say men solicited sex from transwomen before shooting, killing them