ST. PAULS, NC (WBTW) – Authorities are investigating after a dead body was found in a wooded area of St. Pauls.
Major Damien Mclean with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office tells News13 the body was discovered in a wooded area behind a Piggly Wiggly in Cedar Plaza on South Fifth Street.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, deputies found the body around 12:12 p.m.
The circumstances surrounding this are still unclear. The body will be transported the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office in Raleigh to determine the cause of death and identification.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Division will be investigating the death.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3170.
Count on News13 for updates.
- City of Conway appeals denial of federal grant for future Carolina Bay project
- Person smoking inside bathroom forces American Airlines flight to divert to Norfolk
- Court says Georgia city can ban Confederate flag in veterans parade
- Court denies Dylann Roof’s request for new appellate hearing
- Meals on Wheels in need of delivery drivers to meet increased demand in Horry County