ST. PAULS, NC (WBTW) – Authorities are investigating after a dead body was found in a wooded area of St. Pauls.
Major Damien Mclean with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office tells News13 the body was discovered in a wooded area behind a Piggly Wiggly in Cedar Plaza on South Fifth Street.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, deputies found the body around 12:12 p.m.
The circumstances surrounding this are still unclear. The body will be transported the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office in Raleigh to determine the cause of death and identification.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Division will be investigating the death.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3170.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Loris Police respond to shooting incident Saturday night
- Third stimulus checks: Biden says Americans will begin receiving direct payments this month
- After 2 recent deaths, why are people still doing extreme baby gender reveals?
- One taken to the hospital after Saturday evening shooting in Florence
- A warm-up on the way this week