CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Coastal Carolina has issued a statement about baseball head coach Gary Gilmore’s health.
Gilmore has recently discovered he has a large mass on his liver that doctors believe to possibly be cancerous, the statement said. The finding was a result of preliminary testing.
The statement continued that Gilmore will undergo more testing in the next few days to ‘determine the nature of the problem and the next steps.’
Gimore is entering his 25th season at Coastal Carolina and was named 2016 National Coach of the Year.
Prior to coaching at Coastal, he was head coach at USC Aiken and worked as a scout for the Seattle Mariners and Cleveland Indians.
He graduated from Coastal in 1980.
- North Carolina, Catawba tribe, ink casino revenue agreement
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Estes Park cafe
- McMaster comments on SC vaccine progress, ‘Still much more to be done.’
- UPDATE: Son arrested for murder of parents
- 2 injured after police car drives through crowd at race