MAXTON, NC (WBTW) — Crews responded to the Lumber River in the area of Lucky Road in Maxton on Sunday around 8 p.m.
Patrick Cummings, EMS Director for Robeson County, confirmed a 63-year-old man drowned.
Bystanders pulled the man out of the water before crews arrived.
Count of News13 for updates.
- CDC says people who recover from COVID-19 are protected up to 3 months
- 1 airlifted to hospital after motorcycle crash in Horry County
- Conway man gets 10 years for possession of meth, 2nd offense
- DHEC: 71 new cases of the coronavirus in Horry County, 53 in Florence County today
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores