MAXTON, NC (WBTW) — Crews responded to the Lumber River in the area of Lucky Road in Maxton on Sunday around 8 p.m.
Patrick Cummings, EMS Director for Robeson County, confirmed a 63-year-old man drowned.
Bystanders pulled the man out of the water before crews arrived.
Count of News13 for updates.
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Police asking for public’s help in finding missing elderly man from Longs who has dementia and diabetes
- Southeastern Health postpones first-dose vaccine appointments due to supply shortage
- Georgetown County extends state of emergency, mask ordinance