COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) — South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to lower to half-staff on Sunday in honor of the passing of actor Chadwick Boseman.
McMaster announced the decision in a tweet on Saturday, saying, “To honor the life, contributions, and memory of a truly extraordinary son of South Carolina, Chadwick Boseman, I have ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to be lowered to half-staff tomorrow, Sunday, August 30, 2020, from sunrise to sunset.”
In a follow-up tweet, McMaster said that the two flags will be removed at sunset and will be presented to Boseman’s family at the appropriate time.
- NC and SC Senators among supporters of bill that would make attacks on police officers a federal crime
- Garth Brooks concert at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte rescheduled for next year
- Cooler and drier weather on the way this weekend
- Crews pull car from pond in Carolina Forest
- Living Local Carolina: Seven Seas Seafood Market Sells Fresh Local Seafood “From The Boat To Your Throat”