(Source: Surveillance video from Horry County Schools)
LORIS, SC (WBTW) – The National Weather Service reports an EF-1 tornado caused damage to a parking lot at Loris High School.
The NWS survey team headed to Loris High School on Monday afternoon for possible tornado damage. The team confirmed an EF-1 tornado with 90 mph wind speeds crossed the Loris High School campus.
“A few cars were lofted and snapped trees were the main damage,” NWS reported. No injuries have been reported.
According to News13’s weather team, the NWS never issued a tornado warning for the area.
- McMaster: ‘Mandating masks is not the answer;’ ‘the vaccine works’
- $15 an hour wage becoming a norm as employers struggle to fill service-industry jobs
- McLeod Health gets state approval for new hospital on 42-acres Carolina Forest campus
- ‘Stop it!’: Tennessee pastor threatens to oust members wearing masks
- The U.S. embassy, a home away from home for Americans in Tokyo