COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) – State Superintendent of Education Molly Spearman approved 25 more school district reopening plans, including the one for Darlington County School District.
Darlington County’s plan includes in-person instruction five days a week. The district also offers parents the option of enrolling their students in a new Darlington County Virtual Academy, which is 100% virtual all year.
The district has noted in its plan if the numbers and conditions warrant, it is prepared to go to a hybrid model or fully virtual model.
Many safety measures will be in place for the students who go to school face-to-face, including masks, social distancing, and ramped up cleaning efforts.
The starting date will be Sept. 8.
The virtual academy will be for anyone who would like to sign up, according to Dr. Tim Newman, Superintendent. Certain teachers will be assigned to teach only online.
For more information on Darlington’s plan, visit herel.
Other school districts whose reopening plans were approved on Thursday are:
- Abbeville County School District
- Aiken County Public School District
- Beaufort County School District
- Calhoun County Public Schools
- Darlington County School District
- Edgefield County School District
- The School District of Greenville County
- Greenwood School District 50
- Hampton School District One
- Kershaw County School District
- Lancaster County School District
- Laurens County School District 56
- Lexington County School District One
- Lexington County School District Two
- Lexington County School District Three
- Lexington School District Four
- School District Five of Lexington and Richland Counties
- School District of Newberry County
- School District of Oconee County
- Orangeburg County School District
- School District of Pickens County
- Williamsburg County School District
- York School District 1
- Rock Hill School District Three (York 3)
- Fort Mill School District (York 4)
Six other district’s plans were approved on July 27.
We have noted in our plan that if the numbers and conditions warrant, we are prepared to go to the hybrid model or fully virtual but at this point, we are starting Sept. 8 in-person five days a week. The district is also very proud to offer parents the option of enrolling their students in our new Darlington County Virtual Academy, which is 100% virtual all year.