FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A two vehicle collision Tuesday night has left one person dead and sent another to the hospital, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Just after 10 p.m., troopers with the South Carolina Highway Patrol were dispatched to the area of South Hill Road near Center Road for a two-vehicle collision.
A Chevrolet pickup truck was driving in one direction while a Nissan was driving in the opposite direction. The two vehicles crashed, killing the driver of the Nissan. The driver of the pickup was sent to an area hospital, according to SCHP.
The person killed has been identified as Kasheema Catrice Cooper, 34, of Effingham, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken.
There is no word on the condition of the driver of the pickup.
This incident is under investigation by the SCHP. Details are limited at this time. Count on News13 for updates.
- SC teacher advocacy group wants teachers prioritized in next COVID-19 vaccine phase
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Devante Jones leads the way as the CCU men take down Troy, 90-81
- Solicitor talks about uniqueness of charge against couple accused of public sex acts in Myrtle Beach