NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Twelve-year-old Zechariah honored fallen North Myrtle Beach Sergeant Gordon William Best by running a mile in his memory.
Running 4 Heroes is a non-profit that seeks to raise funds for injured first responders and honoring falling officers. Zechariah resumed his tribute runs Sunday and his first mile of 2021 was for Best.
Best was responding to an early morning shots fired call when he lost control of his vehicle on the wet road, striking a utility pole. He left behind a wife and two young children.
Zechariah also ran a mile in honor of fallen Myrtle Beach officer Jacob Hancher after he was killed in the line of duty in October.
- Francis Marion University spring commencement features largest class in school history
- Apple’s AirTag tracker will probably help you find your stuff, but there are privacy concerns when it comes to people
- ‘Quiet givers’: Couple killed in North Carolina mass shooting laid to rest
- Worker shortage delays opening of popular waterpark in Carolinas
- Police search for man who shot woman and stood next to her with rifle in Charlotte