CHARLESTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – Charleston County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) on Sunday responded to a serious collision involving one of their deputies on Highway 17 near Beehive Road.
According to CCSO, a deputy was responding to a disturbance involving a physical assault when the patrol car was hit by a civilian vehicle.
Two individuals in the civilian vehicle were killed in the collision.
The deputy was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
South Carolina Highway Patrol has been requested to investigate the collision.
Count on us for updates.
- Town of Latta votes for new mayor, town council members
- What is naked packaging? Experts say it’s luring porch pirates
- North Carolina city councilor suggests filling vacant police officer positions with unarmed responders
- North Carolina man who went missing says he still doesn’t know what happened to him
- CCU is being used as a nationwide case study on student retention