MARION COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Marion County Animal Control took control of two pit bulls who were found tied up to log chains, and extremely malnourished.
Wednesday morning, Animal Control Officer Fletcher Estes discovered the dogs behind a home outside the City of Mullins.
“Animal cruelty will not be tolerated in Marion County,” Estes said.
The dogs were seized from the home and are now in the care of the Marion County Animal Shelter, according to Estes.
**Warning: The following images may be disturbing to some.**
“We will be stepping up patrols to look for animal cruelty cases, especially as it gets colder,” Estes said.
There have been no arrests made at this point. Animal Control urges anyone who know of an animal cruelty case to report it immediately.
- Third stimulus checks: Biden says Americans will begin receiving direct payments this month
- After 2 recent deaths, why are people still doing extreme baby gender reveals?
- One taken to the hospital after Saturday evening shooting in Florence
- A warm-up on the way this week
- Myrtle Beach 8-year-old diagnosed with rare disorder, family looking for help and answers