RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Granville County middle school teacher is behind bars and facing multiple child sex charges, according to the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.
Bobby Scott Nealey, 50, of Wake Forest, was arrested Aug. 7 by special agents with the NCSBI’s Computer Crimes Unit, according to authorities.
Nealey, a 6th-grade teacher and wrestling coach at Butner-Stem Middle School, is charged with nine counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to the SBI, their investigation into Nealey began after a tip was sent to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) CyberTipline. The tip was reported on a social media site and said that a user had uploaded “child sexual exploitation material.”
Nealey is currently being held in the Granville County Detention Center under a $400,000 secured bond.
According to the SBI, the investigation is ongoing. If you have any additional information in the case, call the SBI at (919) 662-4500.
- FBI investigating shooting in Conway that killed mother, 3-year-old
- Former Marlboro County Sheriff’s Deputy charged with misconduct in office
- Loris man accused of molesting 7-year-old girl
- Mark Cuban donates $50,000 to both LA deputies shot in ambush attack
- After 23 years, SC is no longer in top 10 states for women killed by domestic violence