KINGSPORT, TN (WJHL/WBTW) – There’s no place like home for the holidays, and now a Tennessee boy can enjoy being home again.
Back in June, News13’s sister station WJHL introduced 8-year-old Kw’Shawn Watterson, a Kingsport, Tennessee boy with a stage four Wilms Tumor, who’s receiving treatment at Saint Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
Last week, Kw’Shawn completed his last round of chemotherapy.
It was completed on Thanksgiving Day, and he is now able to celebrate the holidays from the comfort of his own home.
Wilms Tumor is the most common form of kidney cancer among children.
- North Myrtle Beach non-emergency phone lines down
- ‘Congratulations and enjoy this special time together’: Surfside Beach Police Dept. family grows by 2
- Migrant mother says border agents endangered her life while giving birth
- AMBER Alert issued for abducted 2-year-old boy from NC
- Logan’s Roadhouse locations in Carolinas to stay open as others across nation close