ANDREWS, SC (WBTW) – An arrest has been made in the murder of postal worker Irene Pressley.
Williamsburg County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Lt. Daryel Moyd confirms to News13 deputies have apprehended one person in the case.
22-year-old Trevor Seward was arrested on a state murder charge in connection to the shooting.
According to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the letter carrier was killed in the Andrews area Monday afternoon.
U.S. Postal Inspection Service spokesperson Jessica Adams told WCSC that Pressley was on her mail route when she was killed. Adams goes on to say that when the person responsible is caught and if convicted, could face a federal death penalty.
“For her to get run down like that and see that car last night being rolled out of here. And it broke my heart for the whole back glass was shot out and bullet holes in the front of it, all that, it really, I broke down and cried,” said Jody Bauchett a friend of Pressley and part of her mail route.
Count on News13 as we learn more.
- NASCAR announces 15 nominees for 2021 Hall of Fame class
- St. James High School donates medical supplies to Tidelands Health
- Body by Bill: Bill Murray creates workout video to support local gym
- Florence man charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor, child porn
- LIVE: Horry County’s update on coronavirus efforts