LUMBERTON AREA, NC (WBTW) – A 13-year-old and a Lumberton man have been charged with two counts of murder in a double homicide case.
Derrick Deshawn Hunt, 19, and a 13-year-old juvenile, both of Lumberton were arrested at a residence on Belyn Road Rowland, according to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office.
Both are charged with two counts of first degree murder in relation to the deaths of Frank and Adam Thomas. Hunt is also charged with conspiracy to robbery with a dangerous weapon and robbery with a dangerous weapon. The investigation is ongoing and more charges are likely.
News13 previously reported that two men were found deceased inside a home on Marigold Lane on Tuesday night. The two men were identified by the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office as Frank Thomas, 34 and Adam Thomas, 33, both of Marigold Lane. They are brothers.
The deaths are being investigated by the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide and Criminal Investigation Divisions. Sheriff Burnis Wilkins is asking for anyone with information regarding case to contact the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3100 or (910) 671-3170.
Count on News13 for updates as we work to gather more information.
- Lake City leaders invite men to ‘Barber Shop Talk’ to discuss policing and African-American perspectives
- Church sign in Virginia sparks controversy
- Flooding closes 14 boat landings in Horry County
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 2, 2020
- Police: Gun shop owner shoots, kills looter in Philadelphia