GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – The bodies of both missing boaters in Georgetown County have now been recovered, according to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office.
The body of Kinsley Johnson was recovered Tuesday, a day after the body of Marcus Mickel was found, deputies said.
The search for the boaters began over the weekend, after the men went missing on Saturday. An “area of interest” was identified in the Winyah Bay area.
Coroner Kenny Johnson has determined the cause of death for both victims to be drowning.
Mickel, 35, and Johnson, 33, were last seen aboard a green 8-foot jon boat with one silver outboard motor in the vicinity of Sampit River.
This case is currently still under investigation. Count on News13 for updates.
- PHOTOS: Rare white sea turtle found on Kiawah Island Sunday morning
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events