FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A boil water advisory was lifted Wednesday for the Hallmark Subdivision off Third Loop road, according to the City of Florence.
The advisory cams after a water main break occurred on a six inch water main, the city said.
People in this area were encouraged to boil their tap water vigorously for one minute prior to using it for drinking or cooking. Crews were on site to complete the repair and restore water to the area.
There has been no confirmed contamination of the system; however, because of the loss of pressure a slight potential for bacteriological contamination exists, according to the city. Any ice made from water that has not been boiled should not be used for drinking purposes.
Test results for bacteriological quality were completed Wednesday.
If you should have any questions concerning this notice, you may call the City of Florence at (843) 665-3236 or SCDHEC (843) 661-4825.
- Daily number of new COVID-19 cases dips below 500
- Newsfeed Now: Gabby Petito’s family wants ‘vengeance’ for her death; Angler catches rare catfish, releases it back into river
- 1 more charged after shots fired at Darlington County home
- Man falls, dies after dangling from hot air balloon
- Alex Murdaugh asks to leave jail after 5 days behind bars