FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A boil water advisory was lifted Wednesday for the Hallmark Subdivision off Third Loop road, according to the City of Florence.
The advisory cams after a water main break occurred on a six inch water main, the city said.
People in this area were encouraged to boil their tap water vigorously for one minute prior to using it for drinking or cooking. Crews were on site to complete the repair and restore water to the area.
There has been no confirmed contamination of the system; however, because of the loss of pressure a slight potential for bacteriological contamination exists, according to the city. Any ice made from water that has not been boiled should not be used for drinking purposes.
Test results for bacteriological quality were completed Wednesday.
If you should have any questions concerning this notice, you may call the City of Florence at (843) 665-3236 or SCDHEC (843) 661-4825.
- Not all the same: There are some hand sanitizers the FDA says consumers should avoid using. Here’s the full list.
- Getting beaten online trying to buy a PS5 or new Xbox? You may be losing to a bot
- Politicians eat their words after dining out, taking trips during pandemic
- Police: Man allegedly sexually assaulted Surfside Beach woman he met on dating app
- Border cities report 74 new COVID-19 fatalities