COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Former South Bend, Indiana, mayor and presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg has teamed up with the mayor of South Carolina’s capital city to help municipalities stem the spread of the coronavirus.
Columbia, South Carolina, Mayor Steve Benjamin says he and Buttigieg have been co-chairing the Pandemic Resilience Working Group for America’s Mayors.
The group is organized by the COVID-19 Study Group at the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University.
Benjamin says his effort with Buttigieg has focused on providing accessible guidance to policymakers and the public on how to target and suppress the spread of COVID-19, including a color-coded risk level map.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- ‘He always had us’: Horry County police officers remember Officer Melton ‘Fox’ Gore at public visitation
- (19) Missouri shoots well, takes down South Carolina, 81-70
- CPD: Suspect wanted for string of crimes injured in officer-involved shooting