CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Coastal Carolina University’s football team is to host Brigham Young University Saturday after the football matchup against Liberty University was cancelled as a result of COVID-19 protocols and precautions.
The new matchup will be a battle between two undefeated teams that are both ranked among the top 20 of the latest College Football Playoff rankings, according to CCU.
“As a result of following COVID-19 protocols and precautions within the Liberty program, our game with the Flames has been canceled,” Coastal Carolina University’s athletics department said. “However, in this fluid environment, it’s crucial to explore contingencies and this opportunity was presented. In conjunction with the Sun Belt Conference and ESPN, we have been able to schedule another top 25 matchup this week with BYU coming to Conway and Brooks Stadium.”
The game will kickoff at 5:30 p.m. ET and will air on ESPNU. ESPN College GameDay will go live from Coastal Carolina University and Brooks Stadium prior to the top-25 contest. The show airs live from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on ESPN.
- NCDOT receives additional $2.14 million for Hurricane Florence repairs
- USC Gamecocks announce 2021 softball schedule
- Abuse charge against former Pee Dee police officer dismissed
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Gov. Cooper increases NC National Guard troops to 300 for inauguration at US Capitol