CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – The City of Conway opened up a cooling shelter Wednesday afternoon ahead of rising temperatures across the area.
A cooling shelter has been opened in the lobby of the City of Conway Public Safety Building to help anyone in need of a cool place to avoid the extreme heat, according to the city.
The Conway Public Safety Building is located at 1600 9th Avenue, and is open 24/7 with a restroom available to the public.
To try to keep everyone safe during the pandemic, everyone who visits is required to wear a face covering.
To protect yourself from the extreme heat, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Stay hydrated
- Use sunscreen
- Wear light clothing
- Avoid strenuous activity
- Don’t leave people or pets in the car
- Not all the same: There are some hand sanitizers the FDA says consumers should avoid using. Here’s the full list.
- Getting beaten online trying to buy a PS5 or new Xbox? You may be losing to a bot
- Politicians eat their words after dining out, taking trips during pandemic
- Police: Man allegedly sexually assaulted Surfside Beach woman he met on dating app
- Border cities report 74 new COVID-19 fatalities