The St. Louis couple who waved firearms at Black Lives Matter protesters outside their home in June will appear virtually at next week’s Republican National Convention to express their support for President Donald Trump.
A Trump adviser on Monday confirmed the participation of Patricia and Mark McCloskey. The news was first reported by The Washington Post.
The McCloskeys, who are white, have claimed they were protecting themselves from protesters marching on their private street, but they were each charged by a local prosecutor with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon.
Trump has been critical of their treatment and has spoken out in defense of the couple.
- Search: Driver of white SUV hit and killed Robeson County woman, left the scene
- Gov. McMaster signs college athlete compensation bill into law
- Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire over Prince Charming’s ‘non-consensual’ kiss
- Grand Ole Opry to resume performances at full capacity
- Suspect accused of stealing ‘significant amount of Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia’ ID’d by Florida police