DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – An abandoned home in Darlington went up in smoke Saturday afternoon.
The blaze broke out around 5 p.m. at a site on Tallulah Street, Darlington Police Captain Kimberly Nelson tells News13.
First responders were able to get the flames under control in around an hour. Traffic had to be stopped while firefighters responded.
Nobody was hurt in the fire.
Captain Nelson adds this is the second abandoned home to have caught fire in the past month or so, but there is no evidence to suggest the events are related.
The cause of Saturday’s fire is still under investigation.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Cold weather returns tonight
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Baby hit by car as mom, dad argue over custody in North Carolina, deputies say
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure