DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – An abandoned home in Darlington went up in smoke Saturday afternoon.
The blaze broke out around 5 p.m. at a site on Tallulah Street, Darlington Police Captain Kimberly Nelson tells News13.
First responders were able to get the flames under control in around an hour. Traffic had to be stopped while firefighters responded.
Nobody was hurt in the fire.
Captain Nelson adds this is the second abandoned home to have caught fire in the past month or so, but there is no evidence to suggest the events are related.
The cause of Saturday’s fire is still under investigation.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- Community donations save a Carolina Forest business from closure
- Deputies investigate homicide in Darlington Co.
- As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief
- Police: Conway woman faces DUI charge after crashing with 2-month-old in car