GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Georgetown County deputies are searching the Black River Monday for a man they said is missing.
The Georgetown County Sherriff’s Office marine patrol unit is searching the area near Pea House Landing using side-scan sonar.
The family of Michael Hechler, 21, of Browns Ferry Road filed a missing person’s report Sunday, according to authorities.
A vehicle belonging to a family member was recovered from the river Monday with the assistance of the S.C. Department of Natural Resources. Damage to the vehicle indicates it was involved in an accident at the boat landing, deputies said.
The case is still being treated as a missing persons case at this time. If you have any information you are asked to contact GCSO at (843) 546-5102.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Watch Live: President Biden speaks on coronavirus as July 4 vaccine goal nears
- Top medical adviser says ‘no fans’ safest for Tokyo Olympics
- Dressel wins, but Manuel fails to advance in swim stunner
- Summer Wells’ father describes evening of 5-year-old’s disappearance
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey