DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – The City of Darlington will open the Gandy Pool for the season on Wednesday, June 12.
Hours will be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., weather permitting, on Wednesdays through Saturdays at 115 Gary St.
The pool is open to the public, and the cost is $1 for the day.
Concrete work has been completed, and the ADA wheelchair lift has been installed.
Randy Weatherford and Poolwerx will staff the pool again this year.
City pool rules
- All children age 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older, and that adult must supervise the child 100% of the time.
- No adult may sign in more than two swimmers.
- No weak swimmers or non-swimmers allowed in the deep end of the pool.
- All children and adults who cannot swim must wear a wrist band identifying them as a non-swimmer.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- When signaled, all swimmers must exit the pool immediately upon lifeguard’s request.
- All swimmers who wish to swim in the deep end must be approved by the lifeguard before entering.
- No diapers allowed in the pool. Children must wear a swimmer’s diaper if needed.
- All swimmers must wear swimsuits.
The City of Darlington also will offer free swimming lessons June 25 through June 27 (with Friday as a rain date), from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the pool.
Training for volunteers will be held on the first day of lessons at 9:30 a.m. If you plan on volunteering, please call Lillian Brunson at 843-393-7233.