DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – According to authorities, a Darlington man drowned last night while cleaning the spillway in his pond.
Chafee Jones, 70, of Darlington was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after 10 p.m. last night by Darlington County Coroner Todd Hardee.
Authorities say this incident occurred on Harmony Hall Road in Darlington and the death has been ruled an accident
- Mostly cloudy and much cooler today
- Doctors urge caution as S.C. relaxes COVID-19 restrictions for bars, large gatherings
- Boy Scouts submit reorganization plan to bankruptcy court
- Texas mom’s wired conversation with teen son helps police charge him in homicide
- Father, son reel in 1,000-pound bluefin tuna off North Carolina coast