PITTSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – The Person County Sheriff’s Office helped cross an item off a woman’s bucket list by arresting her Tuesday on her 100th birthday.
Deputies R.D. Weaver and Tevin Dixon served the “indecent exposure” warrant Tuesday while Ruth Bryant was enjoying a birthday lunch at Cambridge Hills. They cuffed her to her walker as she fussed about being arrested. She told one of the deputies he “was getting on my last nerve,” the Courier-Times reported.
Lights and sirens were on as the deputies took Bryant from the assisted living facility to the jail.
Bryant, upon arriving at the jail, Bryant told the deputies they should really be arresting the “people who make these low damn seats in all these cars. You ought to arrest every one of them.”
Bryant had her mugshot taken following the “arrest.”
The Courier-Times contributed to this report.
- Cuomo asks state AG, top judge, to launch harassment probe
- LIVE: Trump to speak at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Clemson all-ACC cornerback Kendrick no longer with Tigers
- Trump set to return to the spotlight with CPAC speech
- Nashville nonprofit raises thousands for restoration following Christmas Day bombing