EFFINGHAM, SC (WBTW) – Florence County deputies charged an Effingham man with murder after they say a card game turned physical.
On Saturday, Jimmy McGregor Johnson, 48, was charged with murder after deputies say he shot another person following a card game.
The game, which was being held on O’Hara Drive in Florence, turned into a verbal altercation before shots were fired, killing Lee William Woodberry, Jr., 34 of Hemingway, according to authorities.
Johnson is further alleged to have fled the scene following the shooting, according to deputies.
Johnson is being held at the Florence County Detention Center without bond.
- Lake City 7-year-old organizes litter cleanup
- Hadley has 4-shot lead at delayed Palmetto Championship
- Payment dates released for advanced child tax credit
- Deputy spots fake cop pulling woman over in NC, arrests him
- Daughter of NC man killed by brain-eating amoeba warning others about jumping into the water this summer