SHALIMAR, Fla. (AP) — A Florida middle school teacher is in jail after authorities said she had a two-year sexual relationship with a student, authorities said.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office arrested 35-year-old Hayley Close Hallmark on Friday and charged her with lewd and lascivious conduct with a student by an authority figure. She is being held without bond in Okaloosa County Jail.
The student, now 17, confided with a high school teacher about the relationship with Hallmark.
The teacher then reported it to the school resource officer on Thursday.
The student told an investigator that the relationship started in Aug. 2017 when she was in eighth grade and eventually became physical a year later.
- COVID-19 relief bill allows student debt forgiveness without tax hit
- Sons of Confederate Veterans sues NCDOT for decision to remove battle flag from license plates
- Fugitive sex offender arrested after living under fake name in Florida for more than 20 years, U.S. marshals say
- CDC’s new guidance for fully vaccinated people a ‘big deal,’ Duke doctor says
- Person shot in the leg during ‘family dispute’ in Chesterfield elementary school parking lot, officials say