UPDATE: Johnny Michael Dillard, 55 of Conway, was charged with murder after a woman’s body was found in a car at the Park and Blow Handi Mart. He is currently being held in the Marion County Detention Center awaiting arraignment.
MARION COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Marion County deputies are investigating after a woman was found dead outside of a store Thursday morning.
Crews were called just before midnight to a store on Highway 378 where a woman was found dead in a car with evidence of foul play, according to Marion County Coroner Jerry Richardson.
Richardson has not ruled a cause of death at this point in time. An autopsy is scheduled for Saturday at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Viewers told News13 there have been deputies on scene since early this morning. We have reached out to the Marion County Sherriff’s Office for more information.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Sidney Moorer asks state supreme court to overturn obstruction of justice conviction
- FBI searching for ‘Too Tall Bandit’ accused of robbing at least 16 banks in SC, NC, TN since 2009
- Lawsuit: Student sickened by mold at St. James Elementary School
- Second stimulus check update: Group pushes $908B plan to break virus relief impasse
- Barr: No evidence of widespread voter fraud