UPDATE: Johnny Michael Dillard, 55 of Conway, was charged with murder after a woman’s body was found in a car at the Park and Blow Handi Mart. He is currently being held in the Marion County Detention Center awaiting arraignment.
MARION COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Marion County deputies are investigating after a woman was found dead outside of a store Thursday morning.
Crews were called just before midnight to a store on Highway 378 where a woman was found dead in a car with evidence of foul play, according to Marion County Coroner Jerry Richardson.
Richardson has not ruled a cause of death at this point in time. An autopsy is scheduled for Saturday at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Viewers told News13 there have been deputies on scene since early this morning. We have reached out to the Marion County Sherriff’s Office for more information.
Count on News13 for updates.
- 2 injured after car flips in Myrtle Beach
- Nancy Pelosi says Capitol mob would’ve ‘had a battle on their hands’ if they ran into her
- South Carolina sued by private schools who want public money
- 2019 Timmonsville murder suspect released from jail on bond
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices