DILLON, SC (WBTW) – A teacher at Lakeview Elementary School, who was suspended with pay after a racial slur was used in a Facebook comment, retired one day after his suspension, according to Superintendent Ray Rogers.
The teacher was 67-years-old and was supposed to retire on Sept. 30, according to Rogers. The name of the teacher has still not been released.
The teacher claimed he may have been hacked and didn’t make the post, according to previous reports. The district turned over the investigation to the Dillon County Sheriff’s Office and SLED for further investigation.
The investigation did not produce any findings as to how the post originated, according to school officials.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- 100-year-old WWII veteran shares secrets of longevity, success
- North Carolina woman goes to vote; told she’s ineligible because she’s dead
- North Myrtle Beach police investigate early morning shots fired call
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away