UPDATE: The driver killed in the crash has been identified as Jessica A. Long, 32, of Conway. According to Deputy Coroner, Chris Dontell, Long was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road is now full reopen to traffic.
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Highway 905 near Shaftesbury Lane is currently shut down, after a dump truck versus vehicle incident that happened Friday morning, according to Horry County Fire Rescue.
Crews were dispatched to the area at 8:13 a.m. A car drove over the middle line, striking a dump truck. Both drivers were injured, the driver of the car had serious injuries, HCFR said.
South Carolina Highway Patrol is on the scene and investigating. People are asked to avoid the area while they work.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Hwy. 905 near Shaftesbury Lane will be shut down due to a dump truck vs. vehicle MVA, dispatched at 8:22 a.m.— Horry SC Fire Rescue (@hcfirerescue) August 7, 2020
Both drivers are injured; the driver of the vehicle w/ serious injuries.@SCHP_Troop5 is on scene and investigating.#HCFR pic.twitter.com/AuQL8xzymX
- CCU sophomores power the Chanticleers past Davidson, 15-5
- Pee Dee counties lag behind Grand Strand in vaccinating people against COVID-19
- Strong 2nd half lifts Little Rock past the CCU women in the Sun Belt tournament, 75-64
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- McLeod Health, Darlington Raceway host Pee Dee’s largest vaccination event