GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – The South Carolina Highway Patrol responded to a fatal one-vehicle collision in Georgetown County early Thursday morning.
According to Lance Corporal Tyler Tidwell, a 2011 Chevrolet Express Van was traveling south on Browns Ferry Rd. at 12:30 a.m. The vehicle then ran off the road to the left and struck a tree.
The driver was the only occupant and was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the collision.
Officials say that the driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
- PHOTOS: Rare white sea turtle found on Kiawah Island Sunday morning
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events