FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man has been arrested for criminal sexual conduct in the first degree and kidnapping, according to the Florence Police Department.
George Robert Hamrick, Sr. turned himself into Florence police on January 14.
Police allege that in 2013, Hamrick gave alcoholic drinks to the victim, who was under 18 at the time, and “persuaded the victim into his bedroom.” Hamrick allegedly “locked the door, forcefully put the victim on a couch and sexually assaulted the victim.”
Hamrick was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 10:20 a.m. on January 14, booking records show. No bond has been set and he remains in the center as of 9 a.m. Friday.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Photo of dog joining boy during timeout goes viral
- Viral: A mother made her son do pushups in a store’s bathroom because he wouldn’t listen
- US Marine Corps commandant orders removal of all Confederate-related paraphernalia
- Horry Co. releases form for those in unincorporated areas to show interest in buyout program
- CBS suspends ‘The Amazing Race’ production over coronavirus fears