FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man was arrested and charged with armed robbery before trying to escape from police custody multiple times.
Reginald Anthony Riley, Jr., 29, was arrested in the robbery of an individual that took place at approximately 8:14 p.m. on July 3.
According to officers, Riley allegedly followed the victim to his room, assaulted
him and took money from the victim. The victim stated Riley claimed to have a
gun, but no weapon was presented.
After being placed under arrest, Riley reportedly made several attempts to
push past officers in an effort to escape from custody.
He also kicked out a rear door window from the Police vehicle and attempted to climb out. Riley and an officer received minor cuts from the broken glass.
Riley was also charged with Malicious Injury to Property and Attempted Escape. He was transported to the Florence County Detention Center, where he was released on a $26,000 surety bond.
- Car in ditch forces lane closure on Hwy 90
- Nuclear testing: ‘Why do we need to start a new arms race?’
- South Carolina agents look for man who burned police car
- Police: Rape suspect, freed due to coronavirus, kills accuser
- Two charged after shooting in MUSC Marion Medical Center parking lot