(AP) – Lou Holtz has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The 83-year-old former college football coach confirmed the test Thursday to Columbia, South Carolina, TV station WOLO.
“I don’t have a lot of energy right now,” Holtz told the ABC station.
Holtz led Notre Dame to the 1988 national title in a Hall of Fame career. He has worked for ESPN and campaigned for President Donald Trump. Holtz is set to receiver the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump.
- These are the weirdest holiday foods you can buy
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Health officials to offer free HIV testing across SC
- Couple holds wedding ceremony outside Virginia living facility for grandmother to see
- Victim dies in hospital after Friday night shooting in Socastee