ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Residents of a Pennsylvania city will gather to mourn and remember four of the five children who died when fire swept through a home childcare center.
Funerals for 8-year-old La’Myhia Jones, 6-year-old Luther Jones Jr., 4-year-old Ava Jones and 9-month-old Jaydan Augustyniak will take place Saturday at Erie’s Bayfront Convention Center, with visitation before a noontime service. All are siblings.
The funeral for 2-year-old Dalvin Pacley will be held Monday.
Fire officials suspect Sunday’s blaze was accidental and possibly electrical. Extension cords and other wiring have been sent to experts for examination.
An adult and two adolescent boys were able to escape the fire.
Three of the victims were the children of a volunteer firefighter, Luther Jones. Their mother, Shevona Overton, is also the mother of Jaydan.
- Cuomo asks state AG, top judge, to launch harassment probe
- LIVE: Trump to speak at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Clemson all-ACC cornerback Kendrick no longer with Tigers
- Trump set to return to the spotlight with CPAC speech
- Nashville nonprofit raises thousands for restoration following Christmas Day bombing