JESUP, Ga. (WSAV) – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation arrested a Jesup Police Department officer on Tuesday on multiple charges.
Steven Wright, 30, was arrested on one count of aggravated sodomy, sexual assault against a person in custody, and violation of oath of office. He turned himself in to the Wayne County Jail on Tuesday.
On Aug. 18, the Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney requested the GBI investigate an allegation of criminal misconduct by Wright.
The investigation revealed that Wright engaged in non-consensual sexual contact with a person under his authority.
This investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the GBI Kingsland Office at 912-729-6198.
- Future of Horry County’s road maintenance fee uncertain
- Woman accused of dragging 2 kids from car into Darlington County pond released from jail on bond
- Josh Duggar’s attorneys accuse government of withholding evidence in child porn case
- Settlement approved for family of woman who drowned inside Horry County Sheriff’s Office van during Hurricane Florence
- Djokovic says ‘pressure is a privilege’ that he can handle