CHAMBLEE, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a couple accused of kidnapping a 1-year-old boy at gunpoint from a stroller near Atlanta “intended to raise” the baby as their own and had tried to abduct a separate child earlier.
Chamblee police say Maynor Dario Valera-Zuniga and Kristin Nicole Valera-Zuniga confronted Leslie Barrera as she was out with her son Mateo on Saturday afternoon.
Officials said at a news conference Monday that Maynor Dario Valera-Zuniga pulled a gun on Barrera and managed to wrestle the boy away from her.
The boy was later found unharmed and returned.
Investigators said witnesses had also reported seeing the couple approach a separate woman carrying a baby earlier that day.
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Trump arrives home in Florida, presidency ends
- Conway man arrested in Friday armed robbery
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- ‘My great friend impacted my life by the life he lived,’ community pays tribute ahead of HCPD Officer Melton Gore’s funeral