CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – An 8-year-old boy who died in a rollover crash in Conway has been identified.
The Horry County Coroner’s Office identified the 8-year-old killed as Austin Streeter.
Horry County Fire Rescue crews responded to the crash in the area of Juniper Bay Road and Jeffords Drive in Conway, according to Tony Casey, with HCFR.
The crash happened around 8:10 a.m. Thursday on Juniper Bay Road, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol. A 2014 Hyundai Elantra was traveling east on Juniper Bay Road, when it ran off right side of road, struck a ditch and overturned.
A passenger in the vehicle died, SCHP said. The driver was taken to Grand Strand Medical Center with injuries.
SCHP is investigating the crash.
The driver’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, Casey also said.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Fall like temperatures expected through Friday
- Missing woman in Florence found safe
- Deputies looking for “person of interest” after burglary in Brandon Woods area of Florence County
- Hidden History: Baile Folklorico brings Mexico’s history to life
- WATCH LIVE: Sidney Moorer won’t testify on Day 7 of retrial for kidnapping of Heather Elvis