CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – An 8-year-old boy who died in a rollover crash in Conway has been identified.
The Horry County Coroner’s Office identified the 8-year-old killed as Austin Streeter.
Horry County Fire Rescue crews responded to the crash in the area of Juniper Bay Road and Jeffords Drive in Conway, according to Tony Casey, with HCFR.
The crash happened around 8:10 a.m. Thursday on Juniper Bay Road, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol. A 2014 Hyundai Elantra was traveling east on Juniper Bay Road, when it ran off right side of road, struck a ditch and overturned.
A passenger in the vehicle died, SCHP said. The driver was taken to Grand Strand Medical Center with injuries.
SCHP is investigating the crash.
The driver’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, Casey also said.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Harvest Hope aims to collect canned goods this holiday season
- Socastee Firehouse welcomes its newest member, Gus
- Two cars broken into behind Myrtle Beach Convention Center, report says
- Pee Dee family getting help following fire likely sparked by space heater
- Fishing pier collapses in Virginia following loose barge strike