CONWAY, SC AREA (WBTW) – One person died after a crash on Hwy 501 in Horry County Friday morning.
The victim has been identified as Kelsey McGhee, 19, of Conway, according to Deputy Coroner Darris Fowler.
The crash involving two vehicles happened at 7:55 a.m. in the area of 4855 U.S. Highway 501, according to Horry County Fire Rescue spokesperson Tony Casey.
McGhee was traveling south on U.S. 501 in a 2007 Honda SUV when she struck a 2011 Hino truck that was stopped, according to Master Trooper Brian Lee with South Carolina Highway Patrol.
McGhee was taken to the hospital where she later died from their injuries.
HCFR crews and the SC Highway Patrol were on the scene of the crash, Casey said.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates as we work to learn more.
- Biden to GOP senators: Don’t jam through Ginsburg nominee
- Ginsburg’s impact on women spanned age groups, backgrounds
- Sunshine to start off the week
- A cool and sunny start to the week
- NCDOT closes portions of HWY NC-12 following recent ocean overwash