HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – One person was seriously injured after a crash with an 18-wheeler in Horry County.
The crash between a car and the 18-wheeler happened around 9:45 p.m. Wednesday on Highway 90 near 3800 Serenity Place, according to a tweet from Horry County Fire Rescue. The 18-wheeler overturned and the driver of the car was taken to a hospital with serious injuries.
Traffic in the area was shut down for several hours as crews from HCFR and the SC Department of Public Safety worked to clear the scene.
Trooper Sonny Collins with South Carolina Highway Patrol says the driver of the car was charged with driving left of center. Collins says this caused the 18-wheeler to run off the road.
Count on New13 for updates.
- Gov. McMaster, health officials to hold COVID-19 briefing at 4PM
- PGA tour major events shuffled until later in 2020
- Woman arrested in strong arm robbery in Florence
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is in intensive care
- HME estimates on COVID-19 deaths in South Carolina dramatically lower