MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Two people were cited in a Myrtle Beach area neighborhood for harassing an alligator, according to the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
The incident happened in the area of Blue Tree Court on private property on Feb. 12, according to the SCDNR. The two were issued a summons for harassment of an alligator.
Tips from the public helped to make this case, said Kaley Lawrimore with the SCDNR.
People are encouraged to report any potential violations of the state’s fish, game or boat laws to 1-800-922-5431.
- $3,000 reward offered in shooting death of former Robeson County athlete
- Police: Woman approached victim with knife in Myrtle Beach, tried to steal her cellphone
- Coroner: Hartsville woman killed in Friday shooting was pregnant
- 7-Eleven employee charged with assault after fight with DoorDash driver
- Tracking the Tropics: 3 areas being monitored by NHC as we enter most active months of hurricane season