MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Two people were cited in a Myrtle Beach area neighborhood for harassing an alligator, according to the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
The incident happened in the area of Blue Tree Court on private property on Feb. 12, according to the SCDNR. The two were issued a summons for harassment of an alligator.
Tips from the public helped to make this case, said Kaley Lawrimore with the SCDNR.
People are encouraged to report any potential violations of the state’s fish, game or boat laws to 1-800-922-5431.
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases surpass 2,000 in SC, DHEC says
- Church livestreams Palm Sunday service amid coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus skeptic gains new perspective after being hospitalized with it
- Dr. Fauci: COVID-19 could become seasonal
- 16 SC Department of Corrections staff members have tested positive for coronavirus