MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Two people were cited in a Myrtle Beach area neighborhood for harassing an alligator, according to the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
The incident happened in the area of Blue Tree Court on private property on Feb. 12, according to the SCDNR. The two were issued a summons for harassment of an alligator.
Tips from the public helped to make this case, said Kaley Lawrimore with the SCDNR.
People are encouraged to report any potential violations of the state’s fish, game or boat laws to 1-800-922-5431.
- Amazon to hire 100,000 for new seasonal jobs
- Myrtle Beach starts construction on new walking path around Thunderbolt Park Lake
- Clemson researchers prepare for next steps after more than 600 possible unmarked graves found
- ‘Out on the town’: 200-pound tortoise back home after escaping Alabama pen
- Florence County deputies investigate deadly Monday night shooting