MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Two people were cited in a Myrtle Beach area neighborhood for harassing an alligator, according to the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
The incident happened in the area of Blue Tree Court on private property on Feb. 12, according to the SCDNR. The two were issued a summons for harassment of an alligator.
Tips from the public helped to make this case, said Kaley Lawrimore with the SCDNR.
People are encouraged to report any potential violations of the state’s fish, game or boat laws to 1-800-922-5431.
- 5 cars involved in crash near Surfside Beach
- North Carolina woman accused of trying to poison family
- Man charged with attempted murder after Loris shooting
- Two people cited at Hamburger Joe’s in Surfside Beach for not wearing masks
- Trump opposes Postal Service funding, says mail voting hard without it