SURFSIDE BEACH AREA, SC (WBTW) – A 3-year-old was shot in an accidental shooting at an Horry County campground.
Police responded to the Ocean Lakes Family Campground, located at 6001 S. Kings Highway, on September 28 for an accidental shooting, according to an incident report from the Horry County Police Department. Upon arriving, the child was being taken to a hospital with a gunshot wound to the thigh.
After an investigation, the shooting was ruled accidental, the report said. No charges are pending. At the time of the report, the victim was in stable condition and expected to be okay.
- CPD: Three arrested during protest over in-custody death of Jamal Sutherland
- ‘Still the GOAT’: Simone Biles receives flood of support on social media
- LeBron James ‘Space Jam’ mural vandalized in his own hometown
- Surfside Beach council passes 1st reading of ordinance to address hole-digging on beach
- Mother speaks out after 6-year-old dies from blunt force trauma in NC; police say child interrupted father’s video games