SOCASTEE, SC (WBTW) – A school bus was involved in a crash on Highway 544 on Tuesday morning.
The call for the crash came in around 6:50 a.m. Tuesday to the area of Hwy. 544 and Pine Hollow Road, according to Tony Casey with Horry County Fire Rescue. Two vehicles, including a school bus, were involved in the crash.
About 25 kids were on the bus at the time of the crash and five were taken to a hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening, Casey said. Parents have been notified.
According to SC Highway Patrol Cpl. Sony Collins, the driver of a car disregarded a red light and struck the bus. The driver of the car will be charged with disregarding a traffic signal, Collins said.
Lisa Bourcier, spokesperson for Horry County Schools, said the bus was headed to Forestbrook Elementary School.
South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- Coastal Carolina prepares to welcome limited fans into football stadium during coronavirus pandemic
- 4 people rescued from vehicle in flood water in Horry County
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil
- Rain ending tonight, slowly clearing tomorrow
- Crews respond to 2-alarm fire at wholesale discount store in Georgetown County