CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – The coroner’s office has identified the man who was killed when the car he was driving struck a bridge pillar on South Carolina Highway 22 near Conway Wednesday.
William Greenway, 71, of Myrtle Beach, died on scene from injuries sustained in the crash, according to Horry County Coroner Robert Edge.
The crash happened on SC Highway 22 East directly under the SC Highway 319 overpass, between Conway and Aynor, according to Horry County Fire Rescue spokesperson Tony Casey.
Cpl. Sonny Collins, with the South Carolina Highway Patrol, says a Ford Edge was traveling east on SC Hwy. 22 near the SC Hwy. 319 exit around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, when it ran off the right side of the road and struck a bridge pillar. The only occupant of the vehicle was killed.
- Tokyo Olympics will open in July 2021
- Battelle cleared to sterilize N95 masks at max capacity, operate in other states to fight coronavirus PPE shortage
- Israeli PM Netanyahu’s office says he’ll go into quarantine after aide tested positive for coronavirus
- PHOTOS FROM AROUND THE WORLD: Spain passes China in infections as Trump extends U.S. lockdown
- Sesame Workshop enlists Elmo, Cookie Monster on hand washing