MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – The Boys and Girls Club of the Grand Strand will host a fall festival on Friday.
The “Lights On Afterschool Fall Festival” will be held on Friday, October 25 from 4-7 p.m. at 306 N. Oak Street in Myrtle Beach, near First Baptist Church.
“The event will be one of more than an expected 8,000 such events across America as part of Lights On Afterschool, the annual nationwide celebration of afterschool programs organized by the Afterschool Alliance,” a press release says. “This year, Lights On Afterschool will highlight youth voices in the upcoming national election, encouraging kids to share their thoughts with the next president and teaching them about our electoral process.”
For more information, see the event’s flyer here.
- Late-stage study of first single-shot COVID vaccine begins in US
- US government executes former soldier ‘obsessed’ with witchcraft
- Woman charged in connection with August murder of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant
- ‘I just feel blessed’: Georgia 10-year-old receives free 3D-printed prosthetic arm
- Proposed Florida legislation would defund cities that defund police, issue felonies for rioters