MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – In a planned press conference by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, the president of the group announced his resignation.
President and CEO of Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, Brad Dean, will step down from the top spot, announced board chair Carla Schuessler during a press conference Tuesday afternoon. Dean’s resignation will be effective following a transitional period preparing the new leader, who has not yet been chosen.
It was announced during Tuesday’s press conference that the selection of a new chamber president involves a nationwide search for both a CEO and a Government Affairs Director. Brad will continue in his role at the chamber for approximately two months while candidates are being sought.
A media alert distributed at the press conference notes that Dean "has decided to accept an opportunity that will be rewarding both personally and professionally." The chamber says an announcement will be made Wednesday on where Dean's next career move will be.
"We are very grateful for Brad's contribution to not only the chamber, but to the entire community and state of South Carolina," said Schuessler. "Brad has been a tireless leader and dedicated steward to the Grand Strand. He has made an enormous positive impact on tourism in our region and that impact will be felt for generations to come."
Earlier this month, the South Carolina Travel and Tourism Coalition presented the 2018 Fred P. Brinkman Award to Dean during the South Carolina Governor’s Conference on Tourism.
Dean has served as president and CEO of the MBACC since 2003. He also has two federal appointments--on the National Advisory Committee on Travel and Tourism Infrastructure and on the US Travel and Tourism Advisory Board. It is unclear if he will maintain those positions.
Suspect charged after hit and run in Myr
5 suspects in custody after homicide in
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Low turnout as Roby aims to block GOP challenger
- Displaced Syrians march close to Israel; airstrike kills 10
- The Latest: UK's May halts revolt over Brexit trade bill
- Upstate man charged ex with knife at his child's funeral, says Spartanburg Co. report
- Copyright 2018 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.