MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Changes could be on the way for Broadway at the Beach.
The tourist attraction has filed plans with the city to build a new restaurant along with several additional retail buildings.
The proposed eatery is a restaurant called ‘The Hangout’ and would be built in the previous theatre area, a Community Appearance Board meeting agenda says.
Broadway at the Beach’s AMC movie theatre closed earlier this year.
The proposal also includes over 10,000 square feet of office and retail space.
Broadway at the Beach released the following statement about the plans to News13:
“We are thrilled to welcome The Hangout to Broadway at the Beach in 2020 and will be releasing more details on this lively, family-friendly restaurant, retail and entertainment venue in the coming weeks.”
The plans are set to be discussed at Thursday’s Community Appearance Board meeting.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Man reaches through open window, grabs 14-year-old child in North Carolina
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party
- Police investigating after body of Instagram influencer found on side of road