MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) - Thousands of people lined up in front of the Build-a-Bear Workshop store at Broadway at the Beach for 'Pay Your Age Day.'
Across the nation, the stuffed animal store chain held a sale where customers could purchase one stuffed animal for their age in dollars. The deal drew such large crowds, Build-a-Bear had to shut down the sale at some stores for safety precautions.
In Myrtle Beach, however, the sales associates didn't stop stuffing bears for the customers who waited in line for hours, despite the July heat and a rainstorm.
"We were already in line, and we didn't wanna give up our spot because we live so far away," says Kylie Rosales, who traveled from Wilmington, NC with her parents just for today's sale.
Inside the store, one father waited eight hours before all four of his children and his niece had their stuffed animals, but despite the exhausting day, the time they spent paid off.
"It made it worth it," says Chad Pinker, "to wait that long for that any bears."
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Mild breeze, fast course for start of British Open
- Sex abuse victims join hands, accept courage award at ESPYs
- Israeli parliament passes contentious Jewish nation bill
- Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia