CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Power is being restored to residents west of Conway following a crash involving a vehicle and a double circuit power pole.
According to Horry Electric Cooperative, the outage resulting from the crash impacted over 1,800 homes on Thursday evening. As of 11 p.m., 261 homes were still without power.
Horry Electric Cooperative first posted about the incident at around 8 p.m.
After the crash was cleared around 8:45 p.m., crews were able to get to work with repairs and replacing the broken pole. Crews finished work just before midnight.
No word on the cause of the crash or the condition of the driver.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Georgia school shifting online after infections reported
- NASCAR and jousting exceptions to SC’s large crowd ban
- Pawleys Island PD searching for gunman after shots fired during dispute
- Hot and humid to start the week with storm chances on the rise
- Living Local Carolina: ‘Ground Zero Is A Place Where Every Teenager Can Go, Belong And Grow’