CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Power is being restored to residents west of Conway following a crash involving a vehicle and a double circuit power pole.
According to Horry Electric Cooperative, the outage resulting from the crash impacted over 1,800 homes on Thursday evening. As of 11 p.m., 261 homes were still without power.
Horry Electric Cooperative first posted about the incident at around 8 p.m.
After the crash was cleared around 8:45 p.m., crews were able to get to work with repairs and replacing the broken pole. Crews finished work just before midnight.
No word on the cause of the crash or the condition of the driver.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Person found unconscious on floor of fire-damaged condo in Murrells Inlet
- 9 in 10 car seats are installed improperly in SC, Midway Fire Rescue works to lower stat
- NC animal shelter says ‘world’s worst cat’ is up for adoption
- Man dies after being attacked by his rooster on way to cockfight
- Chase for the Championship | Louisville flexes their muscle, UNC makes school history